Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sudden Changes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Ashton lay on the bench, her hair spred out behind her like a fan. This world had changed so much since she had first been turned. She wasn't an old vampire by any means, but she has been around for 103 years so far. It puzzled her as to how humans had to make so many changes all the time. From pay phones to cell phones to ipads...from horse drawn buggies to cars...all of the changes were almost maddening. It was a bright night with a half moon and stars that lit the sky. She listened to the world around her. She could hear humans miles away, talking, their heartbeats, every breath they took. She listened as a train whistle blew, as tires screeched on the road. The world went by every night but it was all the same to her. She had been looking for others of her kind. She couldn't find any in this city. She was getting ready to give up the search. She wanted to see for herself that she wasn't the only one in this neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:10 pm

:: Ashton feels her beast rising. Another kindred is nearby. And a fairly strong one at that.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Ashton sat up, sensing another kindred. How long had they been there? She wondered. She let her senses guide her to the other to find them about a block or so away, feeding. They didn't seem to notice her right away at first. She could sense they were older then her, much older. But how old? "How long have you been here?" She asked once they were done.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 pm

"Lived in Manchester for, well, longer than I want to say... Longer than any other kindred in town."
:: The man she finds before her is gruff in appearance, his left arm has several tattoos, a triskelion, the roman numeral V, and the letters WYRM spelled across the knuckles. He's wearing a dark red button up shirt, jeans, and a worn old duster. He turns to face her, his facial expression blank.
"Oh, you meant near you... not very long. 20 minutes or so. Trying to figure out what you're doing out here. Not many reasons to be out in Goffstown y'know... You're lucky you wandered in here, and not into one of the less understanding kindred's regencies. Soooo if you don't mind my asking, just what are you doing out here?"
:: It sounded less like a question and more like a polite demand.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 pm

"I'm new around here." She paused. It seemed silly to her to tell this to a total stranger. "I've...been searching." She said finally. "And I just happened to sense you. That's all." She shrugged. "I...guess I'll be going now." She turned and started walking away.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:24 am

"I recommend you go see Prince Dillinger. He doesn't appreciate new kindred wandering around his domain unannounced and unacknowledged. Just a polite suggestion from the Sheriff. No big deal."
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 am

"Prince Dillinger?" She shook her head. "Don't know who you mean. Maybe...you could take me to him?" She wondered, fiddiling with a lock of her black hair.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:06 pm

"Yeah... I could do that. You got a phone, Miss...?"
:: His voice trails when he realizes he didn't catch the woman's name.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:18 pm

"Ashton. Ashton Grey." She sighed. "And yes...I do have a phone. Why?" She wondered. She didn't like giving out her number to total strangers. She held on tighter to her purse slung across her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:27 pm

"Christopher Varney, charmed. Here's my number, call me once you settle in. Oh, and... consider yourself welcome in my regency. Wouldn't wander though if I were you. Lupines and jealous kindred all around. I don't want your blood on my hands."
:: Varney turns to leave.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:49 pm

She glanced down at his number and dropped the slip of paper into her purse. "Wait...One last thing. Who is this Prince Dillinger?"
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:15 pm

"He's the Prince. He's a pretty typical Ventrue Invictus with a hot temper. Despite his own instability, he's kept the city pretty stable... up until recently."
:: Varney keeps walking.
"Have a good evening."
-Out-
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Ashton found a hotel and rented out a room. She didn't want to step on the wrong toes and make enemies. She flopped down on the huge bed, setting her purse down besides her. She didn't want to call him right away. She lay there for a while before finally decided to give him a call. She fished out her cell phone and dialed his number. "It's Ashton Grey. You told me to call you once I got settled in." She explained, kicking off her shoes.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 pm

(Go ahead and pm me for this scene)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sudden Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden Changes   Sudden Changes Empty

Back to top Go down