Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Praxis Manchester

Go down 
+3
Andrew MacGregor
Lady Morgana Pendragon
Vukasin Ilyich
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andrew MacGregor

Andrew MacGregor

Praxis Manchester - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:14 pm

*MacGregors' voice carries out, quietly but with a marked depth of gravity*

When I was first blooded, it meant that if one trespasses into your domain and dinnae show the proper respect for it he was asked tae leave. If that dinnae work than he was warned to leave. If that dinnae work, he was carried out. Should he trespass again, he never left."

*He leans his head back, resting it against the wall*

That is how I would interpret the law in regard to territory granted within the city. Territory is a sacred trust between the Prince and those who have earned the right to a place within their domain to be protected and policed at their leisure.
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:31 am

"I would like to think that the kindred of my city are capable of deciding for themselves a situation in which they feel that they need to destroy another, or to bring another into our society," answers Vukasin simply. He glances between Sheena and Morganna, giving a faint nod. "I would rather not define need as more than that. It leaves the law open to interpretation. More importantly, it will give me the opportunity to examine the situation, and apply my judgement. As a Prince, I feel that that is one of the more necessary tasks."

Vukasin gestures faintly towards Andrew.

"Mr. MacGregor has closest to the right of it regarding territory, however. Consider me... old fashioned. But I have spent the vast majority of my existence studying the kindred condition. One thing that is universal to us, regardless of clan, is that our nature is as solitary predators. Kindred are territorial. We have all felt the stirrings of our Beasts at the presence of others. Some cities function with prestation and circumstance. Others, like Manchester had been, are a free for all. I feel both of these circumstances lead to abuses. The single greatest source of conflict among kindred comes from one single fact: in our very heart of hearts, not a single one of us is without a part of them that wants to see every single other one of us destroyed. We hate each other, instinctively. Yes, we are capable of overcoming that hate, to building something better than our base emotions. However, even the Dragons know this to be true of our nature. Kindred nature is to hate each other."

The Serbian regards his primogen and court evenly.

"The safest and most reliable method of placating the kindred psyche is to provide for territory. My territory as Prince is the city of Manchester and its environs. Once I have sorted out the Regencies, they will be the territory of their regents. Within one's territory, you are at the mercy of the one who holds it. If they do not wish you there? It is your responsibility to leave. If they must force you to leave? I will stress that I do not wish the kindred of my court killing one another. But if you trespass on another kindred's territory? They will be within their rights to drive you off, with force if necessary.

"I intend to grant territory within my city to meritorious kindred. Doing so, of course, places them in my debt. For my Regents, I expect the same behavior. Only myself and my Sheriff, and those acting directly in our service, may be above the law of territory, with that exception to the law to be extended to include a Regent inside their Regency.

"Is this clear, or do you require for me to simplify it?"

Vukasin glances back to Sheena.

"And to answer your other questions... I am to be the arbiter of guilt, as the Prince. I will use the means I have to determine guilt. As my Primogen, you will be advising me, and you will hold the authority as per the agreement to veto my rulings. I understand that this is asking for you to trust me... but in truth? I am only asking for you to trust yourselves. You chose me to be your Prince. I wish to serve as that. And regarding the agreement, Mr. Varney should be getting to you the document on that law. As that concerns only the primogen council and myself, I feel it will not be necessary for the general kindred populace to know in detail."

The Serbian turns finally towards Morgana.

"Regarding your questions on weapons in Elysium, as well as ghouls and your companions... In truth, I am always armed, Ms. Morgana. Denying my city their right to carry a weapon would be foolish. I expect them to act responsibly, and see to their safety. My opinions on ghouls, for the time being, is that. Mine, and an opinion. I am not ready to make a ruling. Regarding the presence of weapons, your companions, and ghouls in my Elysium, however... that is the domain of the Keeper to decide. It is their Elysium, after all."
Back to top Go down
Lady Morgana Pendragon

Lady Morgana Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:49 pm

"Very good. I, for one, feel that clears up everything. Superb start your excellency." Morgana looks to Sheena. Knowing that if anyone is going to try and fight the Prince on this matter it'd be her. Though it is out of clear admiration for a fellow fighting spirit, rather then in distaste.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Samantha

Staff_Samantha

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:44 pm

While everyone is talking Ruth glances at the paper, reads it over once and places back in front of Sheena.

"Your excellency, I do not know much about politics but as you know, I have studied the ways of our kind. The phrase in question is something I have not seen, it will be interesting to see how others will interpret 'without need'. Also, will you not be keeping the same regents and/or regencies?"

Back to top Go down
Andrew MacGregor

Andrew MacGregor

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 pm

It seems to me that a great many people are analyzing and offering opinions on laws. You had your election. You elected your Prince...and gave him control to govern as he sees fit. Have faith that your decisions weren't made hastily or in vain. Regardless, I believe a great many of you are forgetting that this society is NOT a democracy. Ilyich is our sovereign...and will do as he sees fit in the end.

*Again, it's that same toneless voice and unblinking eyes. He hasn't so much as shifted his footing or adjusted clothing since he took his place against the wall*
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:29 pm

There is a glance at Andrew, and a haunt of a smile crosses Vukasin's face. "Your faith is appreciated, Mr. MacGregor."

He turns his attention towards Ruth, and gestures towards the maps.

"The matter of Regencies is another I wish to discuss. It would seem Mr. Dillinger did not keep records, and without his Seneschal conscious, we are without the definitive list of current Regents. I would like to disrupt the Regencies as little as possible, but perhaps you might be able to recall who is currently the Regent of what? I believe, you were the Regent of Auburn? And Mr. Varney was the Regent of Goffstown. Am I correct? And are you still desiring to maintain that Regency, Ms. Maddox? I suspect that Mr. Varney's Regency will likely change soon, to reflect certain... necessities."
Back to top Go down
Sheena Zorin

Sheena Zorin

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Sheena's attention is focused on Vukasyn as she speaks, respectful but not yet stepping down.

"Transparency builds trust." Sheena states matter-of-fact. "I don't think it necessary to prevent the people from knowing how their council works. It doesn't need to be posted up in Elysium, but it should be available if an acknowledged member of the court wants to know. If nothing else, precedents set by your rulings should be recorded and available."

She turns to Andrew, "A primary purpose of the Primogen is to counsel the Prince on matters related to the city, including advising on the laws he ultimately choses to enforce."

Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:02 am

"Then when my council has agreed to the document, or we draw up a new one upon which we all agree, that will be your choice," says Vukasin evenly with a nod to Sheena. "I do not fear others knowing my authority can be overruled by my primogen. If I am acting in a way that is not in the best interests of this city? Then I am glad to know that it will be prevented. If you wish for the city to know the laws by which my power can be checked? Then that is your right."
Back to top Go down
Andrew MacGregor

Andrew MacGregor

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:20 am

*After a few moments the Pinkerton turns towards the Prince*

Should I assume that your eminence will be in contact with me in regards to the matter I've proposed? My departure for Ireland needs to be concluded in a timely manner and, should his grace assent to my request, I wish to provide his grace with the information tasked to me prior to leaving so as not to have the knowledge...degrade.

*There's no insistence or reproach. It's the same tone someone asks a stranger if the bus will be arriving on time. His derby sits in his hands and his posture has all the life and vigor of a mannequin*
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:04 am

"I will weigh upon it, Mr. MacGregor, but rest assured, it is only the contemplation my nature demands that will be given to it," offers the Serbian Prince evenly. "I strive to do no thing rashly, even when I feel it is the right choice. Especially then, even."

Vukasin lowers his head slightly.

"I will be certain to make the decision soon. If you wish to wait until then before giving me the information you possess, that is your decision to make. However, I am confident that your request will be granted. Make of that as you will."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Praxis Manchester   Praxis Manchester - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Praxis Manchester
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manchester at Midnight :: The City of Manchester :: Elysium-
Jump to: