Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Longest night of the year

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Longest night of the year Empty
PostSubject: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:38 pm

::Even for a late waker like C-J, tonight was gonna be a long one. With a rain storm hitting most of the north east coupling with the Winter Solstice, It got dark in Manchester around 4pm. C-J finds himself at Raxx billiards on Elm street and gets a table for himself. He smirks as he thinks of what strange Crone rituals are most likely going off right now, and decides that his way of celebrating is much more interesting.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 pm

,i feel like an insomniac
Scarlet needed a bit of time to relax after everything that had happened recently, and so she found herself at the billiards. Tonight though, she wasn't dressed up like she normally was, and instead, she was dressed rather casually. She wore a pair of black boots with a heel, stylish jeans with a few rips here and there, and a black shirt that showed a bit of cleavage. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a pony tail. In her ears hung her large silver loop earrings, and her eye makeup was smokey like usual.

A pool stick was in her hands as she could be seen bent over a pool table as she was playing a game against a guy she met here. He was standing idly by as he watched her take her shots, and the pool stick smoothly slid through her fingers as she struck the cue ball, and the ball she aimed at fell into the corner pocket. Scarlet grinned as she looked up at the guy she was playing against and she straightened herself back up to examine the table for her next shot. She had no idea C-J has just arrived.

,tag

Last edited by Scarlet Mason on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:48 am

::Kai enters the building non-chalantly, eyeing the crowd. To most it would look like he just wandered in, looking to kill some time. But to a kindred, he has the look that he just fed, and left the area to this one. He notices both CJ and Scarlet, and after a second of thinking, heads over to CJ's pooltable, grabbing a pool-stick on his way there.::
"Hey CJ. Need someone to play with?"
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:24 am

::C-J sees Scarlet but is hesitant to make any contact with her. Tensions between the movement and the first estate were reaching critical mass and he knew full well where Scarlet stood on the matter. At some point he catches her eye and gives her a stiff nod but figures if she wants something to do with him, she'll come over to him. When Kai comes over C-J simply rolls his eyes. He was also unpleased with the Ordo in town at the moment. Although most of his hard feelings were little more than petty envy it was still enough to make his grip on his pool stick tighten some. But, tonight was a holiday and he would remain civil. He smirked at an idea. An Invictus, a carthian and an Ordo walk into a bar...::

"Depends on what game you're playing. Some people say the winning move is to not play the game at all."

::C-J chuckles to himself and waves Kai an exaggerated peace sign with his hand.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Seeing her next shot, Scarlet bent back over the table and positioned her pool stick. Briefly glancing over her shoulder, her darkly lined eyes caught sight of C-J and then Kai. She watched them for a moment until the guy she was playing with cleared his throat to get her attention. 

Scarlets eyes moved back to the guy she was playing against and she nodded. She took her next shot, but was short of the pocket and she twisted her lips in disappointment. She was now annoyed because she felt distracted. She stood up straight and she glanced over at the Carthian and the Ordo, but she waited to see what they were up to before she interacted with them. Instead she walked over to her drink and took a sip of it pretending to watch the guy she was playing with, but instead she was watching the two kindred who arrived.

,tag
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:20 pm

::Kai raises an eyebrow at CJ's peace sign::
"I wasn't trying to be philisophical. I have never played 'pool' before, and I wanted to try it out. Looks I like I would be good at it." Kai says confidently as he leans on the pool stick. "Of course, I'm interested in all kinds of games."
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

::C-J chuckled some.::

"I want to quote you on that. A dragon opting out of being philisophical. Something new every day."

::C-J said and grabbed a pool stick and offered it to Kai. C-J started to reset the table and looked to Scarlet from a distance. Catching her gaze some and then mouthed to her. 'Who's the guy?' he asked with a smirk.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:11 pm

The bottle of Smirnoff Triple Black was lifted to her lips and she watched C-J curiously as he mouthed something regarding the person she was playing against. It caused her brow to perk ever so slightly and she glanced from the guy back to C-J and Kai again. She gave a casual shrug, not really sure why he wanted to know. The guy obviously wasn't kindred, and for a change, Scarlet was actually hanging around someone that wasn't undead. She mouthed back 'Why?'

The guy moved around the pool table as he got two more balls in the pockets but missed on his third ball. "Shit..." He said as he missed and looked at her. "Looks like its your turn, baby." The guy said and he smirked as he walked back over to his neglected beer. Scarlet set her bottle back down and she moved around the table again until she found the shot she wanted. She only had two more balls left and then the 8 ball to get in. She got her last two shots in and then pointed to the side pocket that it was set up to go in. "Side pocket." She said and with a smooth shot, she put the 8 ball in the side pocket like she called.

The guy shook his head as she beat him and he walked around her, beer in one hand, and his other sliding around her hip. He now had his chest to her back and he whispered in her ear. She glanced over her shoulder at him and she then glanced over at C-J and Kai. Here she thought she could have a night without being under a watchful eye of a kindred. She debated on what she wanted to do, and whispered something back. The guy didn't seem to happy about her reply, and tried to coax her further into something.

,tag
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 2:16 am

"Just because I'm a Dragon doesn't mean everything I say has some deep meaning. However, if you want to debate about games, I'd be more than willing."
::Kai studies the table for a moment. He saw Scarlet play, and watched the game when he was first invited to Manchester, so he knew the basics. He signals to the table, and looked to CJ.::
"After you."
::He meets gaze with Scarlet, and he gives a look that offers for her to join them. Then again, maybe she just wanted to be with a mortal. Kai couldn't remember the last time he talked to someone he didn't want to kill deep down. The beast made pleasantries difficult, but he was doing his best.::
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:21 pm

::C-J got the table set up and started to show Kai the ins and outs of the game. Since it was a simple game, C-J figured that Kai would pick it up quick. C-J looked around and noticed that most of the people in building had a drink. He grimaced at the idea of actually drinking something but ordered a drink for appearances. He offered to get Kai one, furthering their cover. A few rounds into the game C-J looked around to make sure no kine where listening in and he spoke to Kai.::

"So, tell me, what was Dresden like? Wanted to take a crack at him myself but never got the chance."

::He asked and watched Kai shoot.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Scarlet shrugged off the guy for now and slipped herself away from being sandwiched between him and pinned against the pool table. She shook her head no, and she walked over to the table where her drink was and she glanced over to the two kindred, and decided to take Kai up on his offer to join them. "Maybe later..." She said to him.

The guy seemed a little annoyed with her decision right now, and he too grabbed his beer and sat back down as Scarlet made her way over to C-J and Kai's table. She nodded to the both and she leaned on her pool stick while she watched them. "Evening." She said cordially to C-J and Kai, but the guy that she beat kept staring at her as he sipped his beer.

,tag
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:25 am

"He was fast, and smart"
::Kai said to CJ, describing Dresden. Kai only met him twice, and didn't know his character well. A pity, Kai liked to know about anyone he kills so as not to make a mistake. He took the drink offered with a grimmace, but to blend in, it was probably best::
"I'm not sure what he did to gain his infamy, but he could doubtless overpower most kindred. It took more then five of us tag teaming him to bring him down. He had powers beyond normal... heh, beyond usual kindred ability. Dealt wounds that could not heal, an impressive nightmare-like ability, he was a worthy opponent."
::Kai takes his shot, making a trick shot to get a ball in a difficult position into a hole. A look of satisfaction shows slightly as he begins to learn the game quickly. He turns to Scarlet as she comes to them. He makes sure to speak low enough no kine could hear.::
"I hope we were not interrupting anything, Miss Scarlet. I'm sure you would rather have company of a human than some old dead vampires."
::He makes eye contact briefly with the man she was with, but quickly returns to the game.::
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:04 am

::C-J chuckles some at Kai's last comment.::

"Hey, speak for yourself Mehket. Some of us more social types can draw in crowds of folks."

::He says with a smirk at Scarlet.::

"Some can even have you with just the right stare after all."

::He says and locks eyes with Scarlet. He looks back to Kai and motions to the table in an effort to keep the game going.::

Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 12:29 am

She shook her head no when Kai commented on interrupting her evening with the mortal and gave a casual shrug. "Not really. Some company, even mortal, is not all that it's chalked up to be." She replied, giving a glance over at the guy who was still staring. She stared back, narrowing her eyes ever so slightly as if studying the man, and he just leaned back in his chair, drinking his beer as he continued to watch her.

Her attention was captured when C-J made his comment and her darkly lined eyes shifted to look at him with a suspicious glance. She was very interested in why he stated that comment and a slight perk of her brow was raised. Her finger tapped on the pool stick she was holding in her hand, and she simply kept looking at C-J even after he broke his own stare on her.

She then soon ignored C-J and looked back to Kai, a man who's name she wasn't familiar with. "I'm sorry, but I'm not sure we've formally met. You know my name, but I'm a bit hazy on yours, because I don't think you ever told me it." She simply knew the man as 'ninja' as every seemed to call him, but surly he must have had a real name.
,tag
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 4:29 am

"Kai of Kittredge" he says with a slight bow, "is what I go by nowadays. Unlike the charasmatic CJ here, I can be lacking in social etiquette. It was not emphasised in my upbringing. I do not like being called 'ninja'." He turns back to the pooltable, and focuses on that while he talks.
"It does not apply. Not anymore."
::He takes a shot, and gets a single ball in, but scratches as well. He shrugs, and offers the table to CJ as he chalks his stick."
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 12:57 pm

"You fellas at the academy are certainly a diverse bunch. Reporters, Ninjas, dragon slayers... What wonderful diversity."

::The Carthian says with a chuckle and offers his pool cue to Scarlet.::

"You want to get in on a game? I've got to go make a phone call. Kai's whopping me right now maybe you can pull this one out."

::C-J says and hands off the cue to her. He pulls out his I-Phone and steps away from the table.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:33 am

Hearing that the work 'ninja' no longer applied to Kai caught her interest. It perked her brow to raise in curiosity and she even tilted her head to the side ever so slightly. She briefly glanced at C-J as he handed off his pool stick to her and said he was going to make a call. That actually was fine by her and she looked back to Kai. "Looks like I'm taking C-J's shot." She said and she walked around the table. She bent over the table, lining up a shot, and knocked the ball into the side pocket.

A half smile appeared and she stood straight up again and looked at Kai. "So you said... that nickname doesn't apply anymore, but it did in the past?" She asked him while she moved to the other side of the table, again bending over and lining up her next shot, and took it, but this time missed, and the ball was just shy of the corner pocket. "Hmm, your turn." She also said to him. She glanced towards C-J to see where he was at, but then looked back to Kai.

,tag
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 2:32 am

::Kai studies Scarlet for a moment, perhaps long enough to be considered awkward. He then moves to the pool table, studying it. He speaks in a voice low enough only scarlet could hear, maybe CJ if he stayed close.::
"Yes, I was once Shinobi-mono... 'ninja' as they call it in english. I would not dwelve too deep into that, for your own safety. But as for why it isn't accurate anymore, Shinobi are part of a unit, a piece to a whole. I have no Shogun, I have no Clan. I am no ninja."
::Kai takes his shot, but fails to get the ball in by millimeters. He simply stands and waits for Scarlet's reply, to both his statement and her turn at the game.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 10:49 am

Scarlet stood still as Kai studied her, and she too studied him a few times over, wondering about him. As he moved closer to her, she didn't move, but instead leaned in towards him with interest. She nodded to him as he explained it to her, and she took a few steps around him and she whispered into his ear quietly before taking her next shot and got two more balls in, and then a third, and it came down to the last ball which was the 8 ball. She looked up across the table at Kai, holding his eyes as the pool stick slid in her fingers. "Corner pocket." She called and the tip of the stick hit the cue ball and knocked the 8 ball in like she had called it. A faint smile touched her lips and she straighten back up.

,tag
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:39 pm

::Kai smiles a curious look at scarlet, and walks closer to scarlet::
"Well played, you pull CJ's game out of a hole."
::He whispers something in Scarlet's ear, and continues to walk out of the club. He makes a wave at CJ, and mouths 'thanks for the game'.::
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Scarlet nodded with a small smile at the well played game, and she glanced over at C-J distracted on his cell phone. Oh well. A curious glance was given at Kai at his whisper and she nodded. She put the pool stick down, and grabbed her coat. She followed Kai out of the billiard, giving a glance at C-J just before she left. The other guy she played who had been waiting for her to return just shook his head with annoyance and he got up from where he was. He downed the rest of the beer and walked over to C-J, thumbing to Kai. "Who the hell was that guy?" The guy asked, wondering what the hell Kai had that he didn't have.

,scarlet out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longest night of the year   Longest night of the year Empty

Back to top Go down

Longest night of the year
Page 1 of 1