Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gatherings in Elysium

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
William Powers

William Powers

Gatherings in Elysium Empty
PostSubject: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:39 pm

((As per ST suggestion I think it would be more appropoe to continue here. Seemed to be a decent call.))

Listening to the request of Chuck had perked an odd interest in his own mind. Leaning forward slightly, William turned to the Hound and asked something which had been of his mind and may in fact solve two problems at once. "Bryan, I have been wondering something along the same vein but more up the chain to chucks line of thought. How is it that one fights a Werewolf? I have to say coming from Lowell there was not much in the way of small talk about this eventuality up in these parts. But it has had me questioning what to do. Not like one can play dead and hope they stop attacking you." Perhapes if this could be settled, he might managed to swing a Two for One Specail...but without the need to actually head out to the rural NH with a bag of Milkbones and peashooter.
Back to top Go down
Staff Abram

Staff Abram

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:00 pm

The Hound's eyes beamed at the question.

"For most kindred I would advise against such actions." Bryan began. "Werewolves are tough and nasty sons of a bitches. Not only are they strong but their fast really fast. But...if one was to actually square of against one it requires a balance of wit,endurance, and skill."

"First off. You should never face one alone have a buddy or two with you remember there are always strentgh in numbers. In addition to the fact that Lupines are usually in packs and fight as a team." The Hound said holding up his index finger.

"Second. If you do intend on facing them its usually smart to have a ranged weapon either a bow or a firearm. You never want to get up and personal with them unless your the type that can take punishment or-" Bryan retracts the claws on his other hand "Have these. Or good melee weapon what ever works for you."

"I should also note that the best way to injure the bastards is to give them a nice dose of silver. To them its what fire and the sun is to us."

"Always and I mean always have a backup plan as well as a good escape plan. Werewolves maybe beast but they are not stupid never forget that above all else."
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:30 pm

William was intreged by this. For a while now he had been of the mind set that so long as one had the forethought to stick to their strengths, most fights could be handled well enough. It would be a lie though that the more that he hears about these things the more his interest was starting to grow. Seeing as how he has seen a fair number of truly Supernatural feats of skill and strength since having been enbraced, yet never once having seen one of these things was slowly drawing out the investigator in him. Normally at these times he would start taking notes but seeing as how the only thing mentioned which may be of any consquence was Sliver or his claws he figured he could remember that much.
"So now you have my interest." William leaned forward in his seat, keeping his ear to Scarlet but giving the Hound more attention now. William took a moment to think of a better question than that of "how tough is tough".
In Doing so he found himself before a mental impression of his old teacher. The man had his scowl of disapproval and was looking at William with a good measure of anger. 'And how was it did the little man end up spending his days in a sunless room in the first place?' William shook off the image when he did finally happen upon a question that sounded a little more respectable. "You mentioned that these monsters have a pack mentality. Do you know if their packs have different strengths or weaknesses or are they a uniform threat? Like can they all be handle the same or do some have tricks that make them harder to kill?" In a very real way he thought he sounded like he was showing his lack of knowledge the more that he opened his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Mason

Scarlet Mason

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 pm

,i feel like an insomniac
"I have been as well as I can be." Was all she got to reply to William before he and the Hound began to have a conversation. She minded her own business, but idly listened to their conversation about werewolves and the like. She looked around to the other kindred in the room, studying them silently as she just relaxed where she sat. She was honestly debating on leaving with all the Elders in the room that were put off by her presence, but she would give it a little bit longer before she decided to go. Her attention slowly slid back towards William and the Hound, since she had been chatting with William moments ago.

,tag

Back to top Go down
Staff Abram

Staff Abram

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:41 pm

The Hound was surprised by Williams' interest so he continued.

"Like real wolves the Lupines work together as a team to take down their prey whether their enemy is larger and stronger than they are or have greater numbers. Werewolves suprisingly like us have clans or tribes whn it comes to them. Each tribe has their own unique talents and their own vulnerabilities. Like for example there are some werewolves that take far more damage from silver than others do kinda how the Mekhet are with fire."

"A battle with werewolves varies. It depends on their tribes and the resources at your disposal to deal with them. A word of caution to you the War form of a Werewolf is basically a tank but with fur. It will take everything you've got to even have a chance of surviving an encounter with even one unless you are properly equipped. Also even a Lupine in his human form is just as dangerous so dont underestimate one if you happen to run into one."
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:11 pm

William sat back in his seat and whistled to himself. The more he was learning the more his old self felt the interest to find one grow. In his mind a romantised fight unraveled but then the pragmtist inside him step forward and filled in the triumphs with all the blood and gore that came with facing down a whirling dervish with teeth. And the idea of more than one of them made that self same pragmatist throw up his hands, tender his resignation, and exit out the left hemisphere of his brain at the thought of facing those kind of odds.
Looking to Scarlet he felt an old unease rekindle in his head. If a fully turned Vampire could not handle one such of these with out serious prep work, how would a ghoul fair in such matters. He turned then back to Scarlet and leaned in close to not disturb the others around him. Their cooled off adtitude towards her being taken special note of. "If these things are as he said, be very careful. I doubt that day light is a deterent to them as it is to us. There is no telling how strong their sense of smell is when it comes to people in your situation." He leaned in closer and whispered something in her ear before leaning back and facing the Hound again.
"So if Sliver is by far and away the safest means of handling a Were, are there any resources at our disposal where we can get a hold of a steady supply of silver. I understand that distance and bullets are the best means but how would one locate a weapon that removes the ammuntion problem." In his mind William was already thinking about attempting to play to his strengths.
Back to top Go down
Staff Abram

Staff Abram

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:32 pm

The Hound thought to himself for a moment then spoke "Right now I wouldnt worry too much about it...for now at least. I dont expect a full scale attack like last time considering they had just as many casualties as we did. But still stay on your toes.."

"Silver doesnt come cheap especially to distribute to every Kindred. It also takes time to make ammunition out of silver and you have to be a hell of a "blacksmith" to make a melee weapon from the material."

"When it comes to weapons it depends on what your looking for really. Dont expect to go to Walmart and be able to get your hands on something like a katana." Bryan chuckled at the possibility.

"Try finding something practical and in high stock a baseball bat, a crowbar, and well you get the idea. Just make sure its something that wont draw alot of attention to yourself or get yourself thrown in jail."
Back to top Go down
Staff_Rhyan

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:50 pm

::The prince sits in his chair listening and watching, bored. More questions on lupines, not that he minded, it was just all so....everyday. His court had been demolished, and it seemed like no even noticed. The fact that so many were willing to stay here astounded him. Final death on the scale that had occurred here was near unheard of and everyone just kept walking. To be fair most of the were's were dead now but still, astounding, truly astounding::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:18 pm

William leaned back in thought. So the only tried and true means of handleing a Were was Silver or his Claws. Being that they were in the city and not the Edo period Bryan was right that a Sword or like weapon would bring alot of unwanted attention. Also as it turned out, Silver was not the strongest metal in the world. His claws seemed to be the safest bet but when best to use them would be something of a crapshoot.

"I have just two more questions. If silver was made into a alloy to help improve its strength, would it lose its effectiveness against the Were's? And this one has been annoying me more and more that I think of it. Do Werewolves had any distingishing features or do they require a more refined method of detection when they are not...hulked out I guess?"
Back to top Go down
Staff Abram

Staff Abram

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:05 pm

I dont think it would, it should still hurt them. But to be honest I've mostly manufactured silver bullets only, I never felt the need to make a full scale weapon like a sword or anything and they've always done the job just fine for me." Bryan said answering Willam's first question.

"Trying to detect if someone was a werewolf takes alot of practice. You would need to have as much expereince as I have before it becomes a talent you can pull off as easily as you can breath. For now until you learn through time and experience rely on your instincts and dont be reckless." The Hound answered Powers' final question.

Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:33 pm

William nodded in thanks and let the information settle into his long term memory. It was a lot to handle but he was glad someone had set him straight with such things. He turned back to Scarlet then and gave her a quick nod towards the back of the room. "Walk with me of a moment. My knee's get stiff after too long." Hopefully she was not too put off by the friendly atmosphere present.

((Tag, Scarlet))
Back to top Go down
Staff_Rhyan

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 pm

::Even while his eyes were still closed the prince took in nearly everything around him, especially when it comes to the damn werewolves. Even if Brian didn't know the answer to the silver alloy question he did, and this is one area where his advice was always free::

I'm not sure why, I'm sure Ruth could tell you but it seems that once you mix the silver into something else the effectiveness seems to go away. I've had research put into it, and everything has comeback useless so far. That's not to say that there is no way to make a close range weapon against them, it just means that my people and I haven't figured one out yet. The court would be very pleased to have one, should you or someone else find one.
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 pm

William turned from where he stood and offered what limited advice he could manage to one with so much more in terms of age and resources than himself. He tried to pick his words carefully but when he thought about it he could make a simple statement damn confounding. "Something my former teacher wanted me to try to pick up as a weapon was a fist spike. Its basically a two and a half inch squared spike attached to a brace that goes half way up the forearm."
Already he felt like his mouth was working against him but he felt it was better to at least make a statement rather then be seen as a complete simpleton. "With a simple hinge braced against the middle and ring finger you could drop a spike into place from a hidden sheath higher up the arm. Its just as complacated as it sounds but should it work a steel spike well coated in pure silver could make life a lot more hazardous to the wolves. I had a woman pull something like that on me once but it was stake rather than a metal spike. She missed but it hit my shoulder and the damn thing hurt. A Lot. I was thinking of something like that in case a wolf decides to use our own laws against us and try something out in public." He dug his hands into his leather coat pocket and shrugged. "I just figured a pair of fist spikes might cause less of a ruckus than looking like a X-man from hell. Anyway I am sorry if I wasted your time just now, Your Highness. Chalk it up to a Gangrel thinking too loudly."
William braced himself for might might be his second dressing down since he showed up late from court. Good news was if this went bad at least he got to see if there was room in the dog house for two.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Rhyan

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:26 am

::Samuel Dillenger smiled broadly::

Don't apologize William, I'm glad someone is thinking about the problem. Unfortunately I believe that your proposal will ultimately fail. I think Ruth said something about the weakness being supernatural and because of that the silver has to be pure.
Back to top Go down
Staff Abram

Staff Abram

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:09 pm

"Thats the one thing about silver I truly hate, its not a flexible material. You can really add anything without tainting it and its not a tough metal, good as bullets crap if made into anything else." The Hound chimed in.

"In addition you need enough silver just to make a few rounds that are sturdy enough to put a hole in one those walking rugs with teeth. Plus even if we were to make plenty of bullets to distribute to all the Kindred not everyone knows how to use a firearm heck I've noticed as few who probably can't even handle a pistol without shooting themselves in the foot." O'Leary then added.

"Thats why I've been hoping that someone can find the secret to making a good melee weapon against the Lupines. Or at the very least figure out any other uses. Who knows maybe you'll be the guy who figures it out Williams." He finished.

He quickly looked at the Prince "Just saying Your Majesty excuse me if I was rude." he said before returning to his book.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Rhyan

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:14 pm

"You're both fine gentlemen, this may be my house but Elysium is an open forum, when I'm not having a meeting that is""
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:16 pm

::Hector scribbles some more notes onto his paper and then looks around the room.::

"I'll be heading out now, Got a long drive back to Auburn."

::He says and starts packing up his papers and then makes his way to the door.::
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gatherings in Elysium   Gatherings in Elysium Empty

Back to top Go down

Gatherings in Elysium
Page 1 of 1