Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thanks for nothing

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 pm

::C-J can be seen walking around outside the strange brew tavern one night seemingly taking a phone call. He keeps his voice down around kine but continues on at a loud tone ever now and then.::

"Yeah, just kicked him right out of town! The haunt drove all the way from Portsmouth just to get tossed out! Didn't even get a word in... what a jerk!"
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:18 am

After spending the first half of the evening listening to the wonderful replay of the debacal that was the re-election party for the standing mayor on the TV in the bar, William exited the strange brew in search of something to do.
Once outside, however it was hard to mistake the voice of C-J even in his low tone of voice. Upon a quick listen to what was said, his guts tightened slightly and part of him made to head southbound down the street. Yet a greater part of him held his ground despite of how often these sort of meetings went over. He leaned against wall of the bar and waited for that first burst of meaningful communication that was the preditors taint.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:33 am

::C-J felt the other kindred before he saw him. He stiffened some and looked over to see William. he finished his phone conversation and moved over to the Gangrel.::

"Evening man, you here for a drink or er... a drink."

::C-J says with a raised eyebrow.::

"Scene here's dead tonight but I know of an other club where getting something to eat is easier. You interested?"
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:50 am

::William half smiled at the offer. He shoulder bumped himself off the wall and stood straight.::

"Now that you mentioned it, I've been a good boy lately."

::William gestured for C-J to take the lead. As he fell into step with C-J, William dropped his voice low enough that others would not easily over hear them.::

"I take it something went foul behind closed doors. Should someone like me worry or just keep their dumb ass out of it?"
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:45 pm

::C-J started down the back allies of Manchester and lead William to another bar.::

"Nah, a fellow like you should be very worried."

::C-J said and shoved his hands in his pockets. He looked around to make sure the streets were clear of Kine and he started to talk.::

"Tell me, what do you think of the Invitcus standard?"

::C-J asked and cast a raised eye brow back to William.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 6:53 pm

:: William shrugged his shoulders at the question. In ten years no one really had asked him his thoughts on such a pivitol part of their culture. This was change of pace.::

"I understand it helps to fade away into the crowd with our personal business..."

::William thought for a moment as he did not know if the next comment was to be taken as a personal insight...or a ready made noose for his neck.::

"But it seems that there is a huge schism between those that meet the standard and those who don't. Saw a bit of that at the prince's meeting but did not think much of it."
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:54 pm

::C-J leads them to a bar entitled 'The black brimmer'. The two are stopped at the door for a cover charge that C-J gets for the two of them. They come inside and see a band playing for a crowd of people. C-J smirked, rolled his eyes and motioned for William to come with him down stairs. Down stairs was a loud dance hall where the D-J was playing faster music. C-J eyed the kine and nodded, this suited the Daeva much better. He moved to stand at the bar with William and shouted with him over the noise. No one could hear them... No one could really hear anything.::

"The standard is a load of horse shit man. We don't need anyone telling us where to set up courts man! They don't have the right!"

::He said and eyed the crowd.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:27 am

:: William shouldered his way through the press and took his place at the bar with C-J. The music was a mash up of techno and rap with a bit of freestyle from the D-J. All in all, it was a lovely way to hide a conversation....or a gun fight.::

"What I can't figure out is what about those places that don't meet the standard? How are they supposed to function or is it just like the wild goddamn west? No one ever explained that part to me."

::William tried to find the back beat in the music and was rewarded...with a dull pulse that could be the start of a headache.::
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 am

::C-J frowned some and shook his head. When his drink came he downed it and sneered the taste of drink away.::

"Well, the standard says those that have signed onto it need to up hold it. The Sanctum, the ordo and the fucking Invictus. All them kindred claim to care but really only the Invictus push it. Usually send a hit squad or two to take out whatever 'court' has formed in these suburb. A lot of kindred get wacked over nothing."

::He says and looks to William.::

"It's fucking stupid man, Manchester is cool to dwell in but Nashua isn't. Manchester has Maybe 20000 more people, big whop. We can't sneak a few kindred in and hold the place down?"

::C-J continues his rant.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:19 pm

::William waved over the bartender and ordered his drink. He listened to C-J and shook his head. Politics. Ever the shark infested, blood stained game as he had come to see it. The bartender brought his drink and William decided to use his body for something other than locamotion. A quick jolt brought his guts back to life to hold down his brew. At the mention of hit squads though, William lowered his drink.::

"Wait, you mean that kind of shit happens just for a stand in court? What the fuck?"

::William took another pull on his beer as he listened to C-J, head slowly shaking in disbelief at this aspect of his new life.::
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:28 pm

::C-J eyes some of the dancers in the crowd but keeps listening to William.::

"Yeah, fucking bullshit. Those that have signed onto the standard are supposed to up hold it. But the Invictus love that shit. Pretty much just gave them the ok from the Ordo and the Sanctum to off fuckers they don't like. All them Invictus knighthoods are little more than special covert attack squads. Some claim to 'up hold knightly honor' or 'protect the kindred of the first estate.' But it's all a lie, they care about themselves and kiling as many Carthians, Crone and Unaligned as they can."

::C-J mused and finished his drink with a smirk.::

"Although those pussies in the C.C.C may just ignore the situation, but some of us are ready for a fight."

::He said and stared down a dancer.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:07 pm

::William set his beer down after downing half of it and ran his hand through his hair in quiet thought. A burp came up but he let it out silently, no reason to be obnoxious about it in such a refined atmosphere. He turned to C-J then in time to see him eye one of the dancers.::

"Something I don't get and its still up in the air with me: If the Invictus are both the rulers and the enforcers of the standard, whats keeping the Ordo and Sanctum at bay? Last time I checked, shit like this had a system of benefits to keep everyone happy."

::William turned back around to find his beer to finish it off as he finished his thought.::

"You can't tell me their giving the Invictus free reign out of the goodness of their hearts."

::William took another swig and turned back around. If C-J was going to make a move he might need a wingman to run interference.::
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:27 pm

"The Sanctum has always toadied with the Invictus and the Ordo just don't rock the boat. If you ask moderate Ordo and Sanctum they'll go on about how the standard is actually useful for protecting the Masquerade. Maybe it helps a little but I still don't like it at all."

::He says and looked back to the Gangrel at his side.::

"What's made you remain undecided? You new to the game or just uninterested in the whole thing?"
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:06 pm

::William finished his beer and called for another. He threw down $50 and motioned for the bartender to keep them coming.::

"It was a choice to keep my cash flow coming. Stay above the horse shit and just watch the next guy's back. It kept me from being tied to any one cause or person for too long and helped me get a feel for this brave new world."

::William snickered at that and popped the cap off his new beer with his thumb and fore finger. He saluted the bar keep with it and turned back to C-J.::

"This was my first trial run with a solid client and because he's Invictus, I got the brand 'lapdog' instead of 'bodyguard'. Its a crock of shit all around. I know what I am. If I make a impact then dammit..."

::William banged the counter with his fist. It landed with a good amount of force but was lost anyone more more than a foot away due to the overpowering sound system.::

"I want it to be because I managed it on my own and not being led by the nose."

::William quieted down a little and took pull from his beer.::
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:18 pm

::C-J looked the Gangrel over and shrugged some.::

"Problem with the employer? Find a new boss, or better yet... Be your own. I think your problem wasn't that Mr Reins was an Invictus but that he was a Ventrue. Those guys just think they're better than everyone. The only thing those guys are good for is giving orders and you know what, I'm not in the mood to listen to them."

::He says and also has an other drink.::

"If you're new to the dance, I don't blame you for being unaligned. But in time you might want to settle down. Best way to get someone's back is to join up. Plenty of folks in the movement would love to work WITH you and not RULE over you."

::C-J says and raises a glass to the Gangrel.::

"To being you're own man, and not someone's bitch."
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:34 pm

::William tipped the neck of his beer bottle to C-J's Glass and nodded.::

"Tony mentioned something like that to me before."

::William took a long pull on his beer, killing it in two goes. Amazing what you can do when you don't need to breath. The bartender came over with another with a hesitant look on his face. William caught it in time and rolled with it.::

"JUST BROKE UP!"

::The message carried over music and the man nodded. He waved William off as he must have hear a story like this a hundred times. William saluted the man again as he walked away.::

"Second oldest reason to drink like a fish. As to the Movement...can't say I am love with the idea but then again you usually build up to love. Anything important to know about if I do sign on?"
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:23 pm

::C-J smirked and slid his empty glass down the counter.::

"All you need is an open mind and a lot of will power. Finding a cause you care for means way more than being any good for fighting for it. If you join the movement... All i can tell you come ready for a fight and get ready to lose."

::C-J says and follows with a sad sounding chuckle. He sees a dancer than he's decided on and gives William an other look.::

"I'm gonna go grab some thing to eat. You just think on that man. Don't rush into anything."

::He said and moved into the crowd of people and started to do his Daeva thing.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:59 pm

::William nodded and watched C-J mingle into the crowd and smiled to himself. Something in his guts wasn't sitting right but for all he knew it could just have been his beer settling to the bottom of his stomach. Guess the little fiend in his bowels did not like the libation. Or maybe it was idea of taking another step deeper into The Embrace. It could have been a few things but of all things to turn to, his mind began to wonder what it would take to get one of those lively little dancers alone.
Soon that smile began to shine and William headed off towards the other end of the bar. He spotted one dancing with a guy that could not hide what was on his mind for later. He was grabbing at her, trying to steal kisses only to have her snap away at the last second, he even tried to grind on her as William watched. She pushed him away and gave him a look that could have scored steel but he just laughed it off like it was nothing. In other words he was asshole. And William did not take kindly to assholes playing with his food. William set his beer on the counter for the bartender to throw away. He felt his knuckles pop and his jaw set to brace for a wild swing that was bound to come. As he step toward couple he tried to wipe his face clean of emotion yet felt a confident snear fix itself upon his lips. All the while in the back of his mind his heard his master voice clear as bell.::

"Fight for something or die for nothing."

::It was all William could do as he tapped the man with a bulleye on his chin to not drop his fangs and scare him off. Instead, he settled on staring the man down and letting his own inscurities goad him into a impossible confrontation. After a long minute of intense silence in a room booming with noise, the man broke eye contact first and wandering into the crowd. Turning to the pretty little thing left all alone, his feet began to move in time with her's. As he closed the distance, she did not turn away. Looks like tonight was going to be a good night after all.::
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:05 pm

OCC: Hope it's alright I'm joining in. If not just tell me otherwise.

Ashton sat in with a group of young men. She had bought them all drinks and had been at the club most of the night. She hadn't expected any other kindred to be there, but she supposed she should have known better. This seemed to be a popular place. Her black eyes widened when she saw C-J blend into a crowd, then her eyes narrowed. This really was a small world after all. Thankfully though, him and the other kindred hand't noticed her yet, or so she had hoped. She leaned back in the seat, her mood suddenly sour. She sucked down most of her drink, the ice giving her a bit of a brain freeze, and set it down with an annoyed thud, waiting for the buzz of the alchoal to kick in.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:02 am

::C-J came back to William and motioned back to a few dancers.::

"Hey, you want me to hook you with someone? Those girls think your hot."

::C-J said but them felt his beast stir again. He looked over and saw Ashton in a crowd of men.::

"Or maybe you should meet a real lady."

::C-J and points the other kindred and motions for William to come over with him. The crowd parted for the daeva and the Gangrel and they came to stand by Ashton.::

"Good evening Ashton, figured you could use some more admirers. William this is Ashton. Ashton, Willaim."

::He said as he eyed over the dark haired beauty in front of him.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:32 am

:: The distance between William and the girl he had liberated from the asshole had been strinking slowly but assuredly. He was about to steal a kiss for her when C-J drew his attension away from the girl in front of him. He had been so close to sealing the deal when C-J called him he had tunnel vision. When he did realize C-J was there, the feeling broke and he realized The Animal in his guts was growling loud enough to be heard. The sudden realization was almost enough to have him come up swinging.::

"Wait..wha...what's up?"

::C-J's words sunk in and he followed his motion to see a woman he had never seen before. sitting among some men at the table. Upon seeing her, The Animal Inside growled and he realized she was kindred as well. He followed C-J's path through the crowd and took a moment to button up his leather jacket. In his mind he was trying to size up what was happening. C-J seemed to be cool with her. If she passed his test then that was good enough for him.::

"Evening, Miss." William said as he crossed an arm across his chest and bowed slightly to her.

:: William remained standing until he figured he was cleared to take a seat.::
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am

Ashton stared at the other kindred, whom she had never met before. She leaned back in her seat and crossed her legs. Finally, "Well are you just going to stand there all night or have seat?" She picked up her drink and sucked the rest down. One of the men she was with got up and staggered over to the men's bathroom, bumping into the walls as he went, though the other three stayed where they were, still trying to get her attention, though her attention was else-where.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:22 pm

::C-J flopped down in a chair and rubbed his ears some in an effort to get some static out of his hearing. The speakers he was standing next to were rather loud.::

"Glad to see you out and about again. Havn't seen you since Halloween. What, you only come out on holidays or something? Are we not gonna see you till christmas now."

::C-J said jokeingly and chuckled some. He looked about the club and then back to William.::

"I was just talking to William here about the pleasures of being self employed. You're still doing your own thing too right?"

::C-J asked Ashton. He couldn't remember if she had mentioned beig part of any kindred groups. He had gotten the impression that where she was before there weren't many kindred.::
Back to top Go down
Ashton Grey

Ashton Grey

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:42 pm

She looked at him, amusement in her eyes now. She titled her head to the side a bit, some of her dark hair falling in front of her face. "Today isn't a holiday." She reminded him. "And yes, I'm still doing my own thing." She glanced over at the other kindred that was with him, and could see and sense that he was cautious and his inner beast had been aroused, just like she had been when she first met C-J. She looked over as the man that had left for the bathroom came back and staggered into his seat. She set another beer down in front of him and uncapped the bottle, giving him a little wink.
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:11 pm

::William took a seat on the other side of the Booth. He half sat on the edge in the event that more of the gentlemen present were in need of a trip to the bathroom. He caught the woman's name as Ashton. He was personally impressed with her management of the men around her. For a long few moments he tried to think of a decent way to enter into the conversation but failed to think of anything charming. He turned to Ashton and decided to treat this like a business situation.::

"You can call me Will if you prefer. I work as a bodyguard around these parts. If you need someone to watch your back then give me a heads up."

::William began to scan the dancer to see if he could spot his former companion. It delighted him to see that she was dancing through the crowd and was trying to hover close to where it was he was sitting. The sight of the group he was now apart of must have given her an impression of something happening. She obviously curious though the sound system provided a wonderful white noise. He turned his attension back to Ashton and smiled.::

"Though its hard to imagine anyone wanting to start trouble with someone so surrounded by these...er...youthful gentlemen."

::William doubted the men could have detected his scarcasm as they all appeared at some stage of inebration.::
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thanks for nothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks for nothing   Thanks for nothing Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks for nothing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manchester at Midnight :: The City of Manchester :: Downtown-
Jump to: