Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The man of the hour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

The man of the hour Empty
PostSubject: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:54 pm

::With his large coat flapping in the breeze, the elder Caestus can be seen looking at the city of manchester from atop a large rock. He gives off no blood potency but it's clear that he's certainly not a normal person.::
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Smiling Xavier steps silently next to his sire. He hugs the ancient man and leaves his arm around the elder's shoulder. After several minutes he breaks the silence saying
"It is wonderful to see you. As you surly know by now, Dillinger was not the man who slew Dresden"
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 pm

::Caestus looks over to his childer and shruggs some.::

"It doesn't matter who did the poor ventrue in. The region is safer with him gone. Shame some one almost as bad is coming..."

::Caestus says and shoves his hands in his pockets.::
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:07 pm

"Who is that, and what details can you give to me about them?"

Asks Xavier in concern.

"Also there there is brewing trouble about the permissibility of Ghouls in the city. I know that you are a typical in being one of roman descent, yet being opposed to the idea of Slavery even as a mortal. I remember well your opinion that slavery helped weaken the Roman Empire. I there might be a fight on this issue. If some one almost as bad as Von Murich is coming to town we can't afford to be in a state of chaos."

He says after asking about who this newcomer could be. Xavier wants as big a heads up on the trouble to come as he can. He also wonders if his sire will give his voice to ghoul issue. It is well known that the Caestus line only ghouled a mortal in preparation for the embrace, and even that was rarely done. Still if Caestus said so in person, that would go long long way towards settling the issue.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:38 pm

::Caestus tilts his head to the side in an effort to decide which topic to speak on first. He pulls out a gold coin that is stamped with SPQR. He holds out the coin and flips it.::

"Heads, Harwood butcher."

::He says and catches the coin. He lays it flat the back of his hand and then shows the coin to his childer.::

"Tails, ghouls..."

::Caestus puts the coin away and looks out at the city.::

"Ghouls... Weird things they are. I'd say it's a case by case basis really. I'd never bother with one really, seems like they're a lot of work. Strange, with Manchester surrounded by werewolves, recoving from a massive attack, the only Ordo prince from here to Kentucky, and the coming of the Harwood butcher... You'd think the kindred of Manchester would have bigger things to worry about..."
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:02 am

"I agree. We have just weathered an attack and the werewolves are like any other predator, they like to attack when their opponent is wounded. There is much work to be done in repairing our defenses. Who is hardwood butcher? What is he well known for? How does he like to deal damage to people?"

Xavier asks. It is a curious thing to see the elder and his childer. Even others in the lineage have taken note of Xavier. Caestus has a closer bond to Xavier than he has ever had to any of his other childer. Usually he watched from the shadows for the first few years after the half decade of training. With Xavier this is not the case. Then again the times are changing ever faster, growing more dangerous with that change and Caestus is renowned for the being one of the most adaptable Elders to have existed among the Mehket.

Last edited by Xavier Hawthorne on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:17 am

::Caestus just chuckles at his childer some and shakes his head.::

"The man with two fists who uses a sword is a rather strange and dangerous type. Worst is he doesn't travel alone and hates our type."

::He says and rubbs his chin.::

"Rumor has it he's killed a kid for fun."
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 am

"He sounds pretty sick, how long has been around?"
Xavier replies
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 am

"Not long, what he did to poor st joseph in Missouri was bad though."

::The elder speaks in seemingly more riddles tonight than normally. He shrugs some and looks out at Manchester again.::

"Should be interesting to see how the dragons deal with the unconquered."
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 am

"Depend how much trouble Invictus make for them. Given Rains's attitude, things aren't likely to be pleasant. Then again the Invictus might realize how precarious a situation they are in an will realize that those of us in the movement will easily side with the Dragons if it came to a contest against the Invictus. It will be what it will be."

Says Xavier in a thoughtful tone of voice. Caestus will note that Xavier isn't having the same trouble moving in the darkness the was someone without preternatural senses would. There are also no mortals about.
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:08 am

"I have faith that the Invictus will see where their best interests lie, and will act accordingly," emerges the voice of the Serbian Prince. Vukasin may have been standing there for a few minutes, assuming the elder to know his presence, even as the childer might not. Vukasin turns towards Caestus, and bows respectfully.

"Elder," he greets in even tones, straightening. "I do not believe we met upon your last visit. Allow me to welcome you to my city. I am Vukasin Ilyich, Prince of Manchester. Your presence in my city is welcome, and I would like to express my personal gratitude at the presence of your childe. He is a boon to this city, and my kindred are better off for having him a part of our society."

The Nosferatu pauses then, and glances between Caestus and Xavier.

"My apologies if I have intruded. Mr. Hawthorne made me aware of your arrival, and I wished to greet you in person. If you wish, I shall depart, now that I have done so. I understand well the relationship between sire and childe. I would not wish to interrupt that more than I need to."
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:31 am

Xavier smiles respectfully at this remark. If Caestus had wanted complete privacy Mr. Ilyich would not have found them.

"Hello Mr. Ilyich, I for one don't mind you being here. I think if we wanted complete privacy you wouldn't have found us."

He says, then looks at Caestus for his reply.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:06 pm

::The elder regards the prince with a glance and a nod. He has his blood potency masked and the short man looks very unimpossing.::

"And the dragon has awoken."

::He says and crosses his arms over his chest.::

"The queen city is yours now... How do you intend to treat this fair maiden?"

::He asks with a chuckle.::
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:04 pm

"I had assumed as much, Mr. Hawthorne, but I thank you for your welcome," says Vukasin evenly. He turns his attention towards the elder Mekhet. "I intend to treat her better than my predecessor, and to the very best of my ability. I look forward to the challenges she will present to me, and hope that as I grow to know her, she will teach me more about myself than I had thought possible."

It's a very Ordo Dracul response that the Serbian gives, and his own Beast remains as cloaked as the Elder's.
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:55 pm

::The elder tilts his head to the side while he listens.::

"An interesting take on the situation. I remember when your covenant started. So bright and interesting you all were, are really."

::He says and rubbs his chin.::

"I seek permission to spend a few weeks here. Want to be around for the holidays. Trust me, you can never have enough Christmas's."
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:46 am

Xavier's beast too is cloaked, he looks between the two kindred. They are both far older than him. He wonders what if anything they are seeing that he does not.
Back to top Go down
Vukasin Ilyich

Vukasin Ilyich

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:21 am

"Any insight on whether or not Dracula was truly our founder?" inquires the Serbian with a lifted brow. The Nosferatu regards Caestus evenly, his face barely showing any outward emotion. "And certainly, you are welcome in my city, so long as you keep to the laws of my court. You are, I assume, a guest of Mr. Hawthorne's, then? And will be staying with him?"
Back to top Go down
Staff_Ronny
Admin
Staff_Ronny

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:19 am

::The elder considers the question of where he will be staying with some though as if he had yet to do so. He taps his chin some and then shrugs.::

"I'm sure I'll think of something."

::He says and looks back out across the city.::

"Oh, you don't have to worry about me causing trouble here. The movement means you no harm."

::He said and hid both hands into the sleeves of his coat.::
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The man of the hour   The man of the hour Empty

Back to top Go down

The man of the hour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Manchester at Midnight :: The City of Manchester :: The West Side-
Jump to: