Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Call of the Hounds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
William Powers

William Powers

The Call of the Hounds Empty
PostSubject: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:46 am

William sat in a small sitting room away from the gatherings of other Kindred. He was hunched over as he tried to remember the names and faces of the others who had come forward for the position of The Hound. The mass text message he sent out was simple enough.

"For those of us seeking the seat of Hound, please meet with me in the sitting room down the hallway from the front door."

William hit the "send" button and closed up his phone. He then got comfortable as he waited.
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:38 am

::Although Kai and Will Powers had not exchanged phone numbers, the message got to him regardless. He makes his way to where Will is sitting silently, as if trained to never make unnessicary noise. Kai folds his arms when he gets to Powers, and simply stares. His expression shouts, why are you summoning me.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:23 pm

William looks up towards Kai and nods at his arrival. That he was the first to come was a good sign that his call had not gone unnoticed.

"Good evening. I am glad someone has come."

William stood and straightened his jacket quickly before continuing.

"Since you are the first to here I believe I will not waste your time. As others come I am sure we can stream line this to simple enough terms. I wish to speak with those seeking the title of Hound before this becomes some kind of cut throat game. Do you mind if I forego being crytic and speak bluntly? I have never been the greatest at subtlety."
Back to top Go down
Kyle Booth

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:07 pm

::Walking through the door, Kyle catches the last bit of William's speech.::

"Bluntly ya say, huh? I like the sound a' that, Billy. Evenin Kai."

::He tips his NASCAR hat to the other kindred.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:34 pm

William gives Kyle a courtious nod. Seeing as how slowly but surely the men were filing in, William took this as a good sign to get the show on the road.

"Now as I understand it, we have dealt blows against the Lupins and have finally put an end to that of Dresden Von Muric. We have also cleared away a fair number of his ghouls. What I mean to say is that we, as a court, have managed to handle a number of threats and come out on top."

William spread wide his hands in a sign of openness.

"What I am afraid of with the title of Hound now in contension, this may be just what a outside force is looking for. Something my head instructor back in Lowell used to say was that 'Nature abhors a vaccum.' Someone or something is going to fill the hole we just created. Only this time, we may not have such a blatent target like Dresden was. Don't get me wrong I have faith the Sheriff will be on point and keep us moblized. What I am concerned with is that while trying to gain a position we may cut the legs out from under each other. Tell me that is not a concern with either of you now?"
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:48 pm

::Kai looks at William with a curious look.::
"Do you believe that will be a problem? Direct action against each other would only hurt our chances. And for our kind, regrowing cut-off legs isn't as much a problem."
::He says the last part with a smile.::
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:45 pm

William smiles and nods in appreation of the joke. It was good to see that he would not need to force a breaking of tension among those present.

"What I mean to accomplish is to prevent said action from happening. I know that not a one of us means to let any danger come to roost peacefully. Now I know this is erring on the edge of foolishiness. I would rather be a fool for calling this out than letting a problem take root."

William took a moment to think before continuing.

"What I mean for this meeting to accomplish and all present to come away with is simple: When the time comes for us to try our hand at the lead, those of us in the running will act honorably and focus on the erradication of the threat. Besides, wouldn't it just be hilarious to see some Lupid Alpha or some Joe-Smow Hunters show up and have a whole pack of Hounds to welcome them instead of the one."

The mental image brought a geniune smile to William's face.

"Not to say I want the seat to be shared. One hound for the city and all that. I just loved cartoons when the bad guy shows up and finds a small army waiting for him instead of the lone hero."
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 am

"...Our kind are not well known for their honorable tactics. At the point, I believe you are mistaking how hound will be chosen. I will engage whatever comes, should it seek harm to my livelihood. A Werewolf or a deranged Elder do not care who is Hound. Do you need anything else?"
::Kai says. He is blunt, and does not seem to share whatever concern William is showing.
Back to top Go down
William Powers

William Powers

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:04 pm

"I am starting to believe my concerns were unwarrented. If the matter is less convoluted than I at first thought then I apologize for drawing you out. But in the end, I at least got out what was on my chest. My only concern was to keep the city safe."

William gave his head a slight nod.

"As it stands, I can at least know I have seen two of the respective candates in a fight and know you both can hold your ground...and even take some in return."
Back to top Go down
Kai

Kai

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 am

"Your prudence was not unwarrented, it never is. Being careful is never a wrong choice."
::Kai nods his head at William, then to Kyle Booth, and then disappears from sight::
Back to top Go down
Kyle Booth

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:56 pm

::After listening, Kyle nods and stands.::

"Yeah I gotta agree with him, Billy. I ain't goin to go around killin folk just to wind up the Hound. Not that bein careful n all ain't a good thing, but I ain't that kinda guy. Don't worry. I'm a good sport. I'll go by the rules."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Call of the Hounds   The Call of the Hounds Empty

Back to top Go down

The Call of the Hounds
Page 1 of 1