Manchester at Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coffee Time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 am

Xavier sits in a local Starbucks seemingly sipping at a cup of steaming breve. He is staring intently at something on his laptop. The night is young and the coffee shop has few customers. From the look of his clothing and his hair Xavier appears to freshly groomed.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:58 pm

:: Time rolls slowly on and eventually another kindred happens along the same late-night coffee dive. That kindred is Raymond Baker. The obvious monster moves among the crowd with a strange ease, none give him a second look, despite his sunken eyes and distended fingers, his gaunt skeletal appearance, despite all of it, the kine seem to look upon him with an unconscious pity, rather than fear. Just another poor meth addict, they might think, or some poor bastard with some kind of disease that they couldn't understand but might just remember if they had only paid more attention in that college A+P course. The haunt moves upon Xavier's seat, and stands waiting for a moment, maybe a moment too long before speaking,
"Goood eveninngg... dooo you mind if I take a seat, stranger?"
:: The nosferatu awaits the other kindred's answer in complete silence.
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:18 pm

A bit started Xavier says
"Huh! Oh sorry, i was bit preoccupied looking at one of my old designs. No I Don't mind if you take if you take a seat."
While turning to face the man Xavier extends his hand. Looking at him as if he were nothing out of the ordinary, Xavier introduces himself.
"Hello, my name is Xavier Hawthorne. What is your name?"
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:59 pm

"Raymond Baker, friend. Raymond Baker. I'm trying to get... ahem, acquainted with all the new faces in the organization... I'm afraid my old mind is slipping, though. Can't quite keep names assigned to all the faces I'm meeting."
:: The vampire sits, and then smiles a crooked sort of smile. A smile with no malice behind it at all which still some how looks disconcerting.
"You design things, hmm? It's good to see someone who can create something. So many these days focus only on destruction. It's sooo muuuch eaaaasssier to destroy than to create... but so much more satisfying to add some thing, some small thing, to the equation."
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Raymond might be surprised that Xavier shows no sign of shock at how powerful his blood is when compared to Xavier's own. Then again he might not if he ad even the slightest idea of how many power kindred Xavier met soon after his embrace given that he was sired by Caestus. Xavier shows only momentary surprise lasting maybe a tenth of a second, then he is back to normal. Speaking in friendly tone of voice Xavier says

"Thank you Mr. Baker, or do you prefer to be called Raymond? It is always good to keep abreast of of members in the Organization. I am new to town, I just started up a microtech firm it is called Microlight Solutions. I do design things, I specialize in microscopic areas of technology, specifically microchips for electronics, and microscopic marking for identification purposes. You are quite right, things are much easier to destroy than to create. I take pride in my creation. What is it that you do my friend?"
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 pm

"I watch. I learn. I try to help. I pray to God for guidance, not just for myself, but for us all. We need it."
:: The sincerity is clear in his voice, but seems so at odds with his haunting appearance.
"But, I'm not here to preach. I hope I'm not prying... but your a member of the Movement, right?"
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:44 pm

"Not at all, yes I am a member of the movement. I try to help us all as best I can. I respect that believe in a God, I for one do not. Oh I am not a dedicated atheist, but i don't believe than any one set faith holds all the answers.... the world is too complex for that. Is there anything I can do for you?"

Xavier says in the friendly tone as before. He is plainly sincere that respects Mr. Baker's faith. For some reason Xavier seems to oblivious to the man's haunting presence. It is almost as if Xavier is instinctively taking his primary cues from his fellow kindred's tone of voice.
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 pm

"Ah, and now you've stumbled upon the crux of it... Belief is not an issue. Men say that God is vain, and longs for their attention. But that doesn't make it so. Men say that God is omnipotent and has all the answers. But that doesn't make it so. I am sure you have been told a great many things which you will find to be comforting simplifications of truth. So it is with faith."
:: Baker clears his throat, and stares almost longingly at the now cold coffee sitting near Xavier's laptop.
"I hope that in the inevitable... conflict of secular ideologies... that... calmer souls prevail. That is what you can do for me. Be a calmer soul."
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Cheerfully laughing and sipping at his cold coffee Xavier replies
"I am a rather calm soul, i can be passionate about some things, but those things tend to be invisible to the human eye. I am not one for rash actions if that is what you are asking. Which of the other.... affiliations do you hail from?"
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:52 am

"These are trying times for the Church of Longinus. Luckily, there are so few of us here in Manchester that we are as of yet untouched by the strife, back room politics, and vitriol of a bitter, but thinly veiled conflict of ideologies. So, I find it hard to answer your question honestly. The Sanctum tonight is not what it was in the long nights past... but is that a bad thing? I am not wise enough to say for sure. For the time being I will say I am a humble follower of the Lance of God, and that I am called Ecclesia Novum, both in praise and in insult, but despite all the labels assigned to me, I serve my God as I would serve myself; openly, honestly, and as purely as I can. I trust my gut as much as I follow the written dogma, and when the two conflict, I plead for a decent reconciliation of the two, and follow my heart and soul and hope that when my judgement comes I will be proven right... or at least forgiven my trespasses."
:: There is a short silence after the kindred's speech, and then he just chuckles.
"Forgive me, I'm sure the brief answer would have sufficed."
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:43 am

Chuckling as well, Xavier replies
"Nothing to forgive, you answered completely and I got what asked for. Anything else you wish to know?"
Back to top Go down
staff_Dylan
Admin
staff_Dylan

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:58 am

"For now... no. I've wasted enough of your precious time. Dawn comes shortly enough, even in the early hours of the night, and you have much work to do. The creators of things must work tirelessly, always chasing perfection. Good Evening."
:: Baker lifts slowly out of the cushy seat, it creaks and groans as it reforms. With a slow nod, Baker begins to leave. His laced left arm giving a slight wave as he goes. The doorway bell rings on his way out, and just like that, Xavier was left alone to his work once more.
(Baker out)
Back to top Go down
Xavier Hawthorne

Xavier Hawthorne

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:01 am

Checking the time, Xavier realizes that the has one hour till he goes to work at his new company. Packing up his belongings, he leave the shop for work.
(Xavier out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coffee Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coffee Time   Coffee Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Coffee Time
Page 1 of 1